8 706 64 939
The State Non Food Products Inspectorate under the Ministry of Economy (hereinafter called as the "Inspectorate") was established on the 1rst of July, 2000 by Resolution No. 505 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of 4 May, 2000 (Official Gazette, 2000, No.38-1064) after the reorganization of the Lithuanian State Quality Inspectorate, State Hygiene Inspectorate and State Veterinary Service.
To protect the national market from dangerous and low quality non food products (articles and services), to protect consumer rights while performing market surveillance.
OUR STRATEGIC GOAL
To ensure an effective market surveillance of non food products in compliance with the European Union law.
OUR MAIN ACTIVITIES
• Control of non food products supplied to the market for consumer purposes and their compliance with the obligatory safety and marking requirements set in legal acts.
• Prohibit the supply of dangerous non food products to the market and perform the control of their withdrawal and destruction.
• Consumer protection, investigation of consumer complaints concerning improper quality of non food products.
• Provide information to consumers on dangerous products placed to the Lithuanian market.
• Consult producers, service suppliers, importers and sellers on issues concerning the safety of non food products and services.
• Dissemination of information on the activities, objectives and goals of the Inspectorate, provide information to national, international or foreign authorities.
Click on the picture and print an official booklet of Inspectorate